WEDNESDAYS, SEPTEMBER 7, 14, 21 & 28, OCTOBER 5 & 12, 2022
7-8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
All registrants receive a supply list with the option of purchasing/gathering supplies to follow along and create during class or to just attend and watch.
Cloth, paper, folded, contemporary or traditional. This six week series provides the opportunity to learn about and create your own collection of handmade books.
- During a fall series discover and expand your knowledge of the world of handmade paper, how to choose paper and art paper ways.
- Explore assemblage materials for page and cover compositions with cloth, paper and leather.
- Review basic terms and tools.
- Learn different fold techniques and methods in paper folding.
- Have fun while learning step by step to create folded book structures during class.
- Plan to have a supply lists emailed with Zoom info prior to the first class.
- Create a practice/example piece to have as your example for future pieces.
- Learn how to fold and make books that are both functional and fun.
- Blizzard Book
- Pocket Book
- Nesting Boxes
- Tunnel Book
- Accordion with Signatures
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Flag Books
- Fishbone Fold
- Secret Message
Create books with and without thread bindings. Leave the series with a collection of your own handmade books, confidence and knowledge to create more and the experience of sharing and creating with others. There’s nothing like having access to your instructor to ask questions and get the assistance you need when you need it as an individual.
All levels are welcome. Small class sizes allow for concentrated time to focus on the details and answer questions to the full understanding of each individual participant.
This class will meet on Zoom. Registrants will be provided with meeting details for class entry. Please become familiar with Zoom applications before class this will provide for a more relaxing experience at class time. Note taking suggested.
The class is lecture style with hands on demonstrations, examples and time for answering questions. Student participation during class time is invited. The class will be recorded for viewing and downloading.
Hands on during class demonstrations is invited and time is allowed for sharing, questions and review.