THURSDAY, JUNE 16, Into, Q & A
THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 30, July 7, 14, and 21
7-8:30 PM EST
Whether you need a journal for writing, sketching, stitching, mixed media or gifting you will know upon class completion that you can make five different beautiful Japanese Side/Stab Bind journals all kinds of ways with different style bindings and shapes lovingly constructed with all kinds of materials for the pages and covers.
A simple bookbinding supply list will be emailed to registrants with suggested optional supplies and tools.
Leave your cares behind one evening a week for this six week series and travel to distant summers of creative days long ago. Immerse yourself with colorful and inspiring art history of women artists who have left lasting impressions on the art world. Learn from their experiences and discoveries.
- Each session provides a plethora of visual beauty and demonstrations to assist participants with the completion of four separate summer journals just in time as summer approaches.
- Record the recipes, garden notes, family gatherings, bird watching, daily sketches, writings, meditations, observations and more. Fill your books yourself, leave them blank or gift them to that special person.
- An optional materials supply list will be emailed to Registrants. During the six sessions you may choose to create along with the facilitator or view the demos and create your journals later.
- Demonstrations will cover painting techniques with a variety of paint mediums, inks and dyes. Printmaking encompasses relief and and planographic techniques.
- Cloth and paper will be used for covers and pages. Quilters and mixed media artists may be inspired from the demos to create stand alone pieces or quilt blocks.
- Learn how to make a portable handmade loom. Create beautiful watercolor renderings for your design plans. Explore techniques for simple handwoven book covers.
- Document the world around you with cyanotype processes.
Beautiful bindings as embellishment and function will have your completed journals ready for you to fill with the magic that is summertime.
THURSDAY, JUNE 16, 7-8 PM EST
INTRODUCTION, Q & A
THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 7-8:30 PM EST
PATTERN AND DESIGN
Francoise Gilot, 100 years old
Born November 26, 1921
THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 7-8:30 PM EST
GARDEN PARTY AT CHARLESTON, THE WORLD OF BLOOMSBURY
Born May 30, 1879, died April 7, 1961
THURSDAY, JULY 7, 7-8:30 PM EST
BLACK MOUNTAIN COLLEGE
Born June 12, 1899, died May 9, 1994
THURSDAY, JULY 14, 7-8:30 PM EST
Born December 25, 1911, died May 31, 2010
THURSDAY, JULY 21, 7-8:30 PM EST
Born March 16, 1799, died June 9, 1871
This class will meet on Zoom. Registrants will be provided with meeting details for class entry. Please become familiar with Zoom applications before class this will provide for a more relaxing experience at class time. Note taking suggested.
The class is lecture style with hands on demonstrations, examples and time for answering questions. Student participation during class time is invited. The class will be recorded for viewing and downloading.